Marissa Kendrick is an entrepreneur, artist, designer, and humanitarian. Inspired by art, story telling and a desire to empower others in their life journey, Marissa Kendrick founded the Deleay Lashay brand in 2010.
Marissa’s story is unique. Originally from Gary, Indiana, she moved to Chicago where she attended Columbia College and the Illinois Institute of Art. In addition to founding the Deleay Lashay brand, she also founded the Deleay Lashay 3 Day summer camp. She has facilitated a series fashion productions, pop up shops, showcases and gallery openings.Marissa has travelled with her brand to Milan, Italy, New York, Chicago, Miami, Washington D.C., California, and has also been featured at the Black Women’s Expo, Essence Festival, and more.
In 2012, Marissa was selected as the winner of the Olympic Design Team and offered a scholarship and trip to Milan, Italy where she attended NABA University which is internationally ranked among the world’s best design schools. With an extensive background in Fine Arts, Performance Art, and Fashion Design, her work is a combination of mixed media, bold illustrations, creative writing and visual art.
* Aug 6-7th Showcase her work at the three day convention for Black Women’s Expo in Chicago
* July 11th-13th founded the Deleay Lashay three day Summer Camp for Teen girls ages 14th-18 years of age. 2012
* January 13th Deleay Lashay Present "Art On The Move" Fashion Production Featuring Wearable Art clothing and Jewelry.
* May 12th Showcase wearable jewelry in Brooklyn New York at the Brooklyn Stone Boutique
* June 29th Hosted a jewelry trunk show with at Epitome Boutique with Power 92.3 The TakeOver
￼* Won a scholarship to study at NABA in Milan Italy for accrues design. Sept 27th Deleay Lashay present’s the DL Social featuring the blessed collection at Elephant Room Art Gallery in Chicago, IL
* Dec 13th Hosted Clothing Drive Party along side with other sponcers for the salvation army in Chicago, IL
* October 18-19th Deleay Lashay presented and outside Showcase titled “The Street Project” During Chicago’s Fashion Week.
* July 25th Deleay Lashay Summer Showcase and commercial viewing party at MoHall venues in Chicago, IL
* Dec 6 received The Arts of Humanitarian Award. from the The Arts of Humanity Oragization in Chicago IL
* December 5th-7th 3Day Pop Up Show at Elephant Rook Art Gallery in Chicago IL
* December 27th Deleay Lashay was in invited to showcase her wearable art jewelry and received The Visionary Award held at Woman Made Art Gallery
* Feb. 14th-15th Deleay Lashay hosted a PopUp Shop at Fuga Hair Solon in Chicago IL.
Feb 28th Showcased wearable art jewelry in Washington DC Fashion Week March 19th Hired as the Custom/ accessories designer for the Opening production of the East Chicago school of Visual and Performing Arts in East Chicago IN
* June 13th Deleay Lashay presented a Mural painting and Hosted a wearable art Jewelry Trunk Show at The White Ripple Art Gallery in Hammond ,IN
* July 3rd-5th Accepted to Showcase wearable art Jewelry and Art at The Essence Fest in New Orleans, LA
* August 8th inviting to preform a live painting for The Chicago Shea Moisture Pop Up Shop in Chicago ,IL
* December Marissa Launched a monthly event entitled The Gratitude Cafe Night for the Youth at the East Chicago school of visual and performing Arts
* Deleay Lashay Launched her first Pillow line featuring her latest artwork “When she became her”